Although it's been a pretty lousy gardening season thus far (too cool, a LOT of rain and not enough sunshine) our vegetable beds have been overflowing with produce. I can honestly say that after eating fresh spinach, beet leaves (mmm!!!) and lettuce from our garden, anyone who hasn't had home grown produce like this isn't eating the best food!

We also have had a fair quantity of strawberries, despite the cool weather.

And the BEST news of all is that my longsuffering sweetheart is now "officially" convinced that compost is better for plants than the mineral salts she'd been pushing on me for the past four or five years.

Now, if only I could get my fruit trees to cooperate . . .

robert luis rabello
"The Edge of Justice"
"The Long Journey"
New Adventure for Your Mind