Hi Joe,

>If the answers to questions 2 and 3 are yes then it would explain a lot.

I think so.

>Then the answer to question one could be that although the BD did not >pass
>the QT if it was settled long enough that there is no glycerol it would >be
>consistent with the emergent theory. No?

Let us be clear re:  "The emergent theory".

Is it : Very small amounts of unreacted Mono- and Di- Glycerides combined with
unsettled Glycerin Mix will produce emulsions, but the same amount of the
Glycerides or the Glycerin, alone, do not? (There is an
additive/multiplicative/? effect when both are present)

I think the results seem to indicate this.

Or is the "emergent theory":
The Glycerin Mix settles more slowly from the product of incomplete reactions?
Consistent, yes,  but not evidence for the hypothesis.

If it turns out to be the case it would be a good example of the old
"double-whammy" effect.
Incomplete reactions contribute the unreacted Mono- and Di -Glycerides needed
for the emulsion which in turn slow the settling of the Glycerin Mix which also
contributes to the problem.

The significance of whatever emerges may be dispelling a misconception.
     I know of people who view "No problems with the wash" as a sign that they
achieved complete reactions. I've been told: "I would have gotten emulsions if
I had any unreacted oil."
     A buddy of mine recommends letting the BD settle for a few days ....  "a
week if you can." "It seems to take care of any problems."       ??????
     I tell him:  Do a QT try dissolving 25 ml of the BD in 225 ml of methanol.
(12.5 ml BD in 112.5 ml methanol).
     I don't know why homebrewers resist QT-ing their fuel.

                           Good Day to You,
                                         Tom

P.S.  I think we will eventually get to the bottom of the effect of glycerides
on settling time. I've stocked up on BD for my car (passed QT) in anticipation
of a push to make heating BD. I'll be able to get settling times on quite a few
batches of "poor quality" BD, but won't be running any 'good quality" batches,
for comparison, for a few weeks.