A little bit of coloured sustances, can make a very high coloured solution,
so if the reaction goes correctly, it must not be a problem.  Try to bleach
it with activated charcoal, heating close to boiling point and adding then.
The problem is that you will need to filter it quite well to remove all the
particles before using.

All the best.