My word, two loads of bullshit - not only dieselsecret but selling glyc
cocktail to composters. You didn't even get offered a commission or
anything on that eh Tom? LOL!

The inquiries we keep getting about dieselsecret usually say they
"stumbled upon" it and "it sounds too good to be true". I put the reply on
a macro: "It's obvious that it's a scam..."

Scores and scores of times, from Aug 05 to today:

>Hey Keith,
>     Have you heard of the "revolutionary" Diesel Secret.com? They claim
to not have to go through all of the transesterfication process when
making biodiesel. Is this true?? Thanks,
>Captain Johnny Odom

It's all on our website anyway - the wondrous secret ingredient consists
of xylol paint-stripper and moth balls, just what you'd want in your
motor. See "Veg-oil blends":
http://journeytoforever.org/biodiesel_svo.html#blends

It's in the list archives too, of course.

No toil and trouble, just add one teaspoon of white spirit, one strip of
paint, the balls of a moth, half a cup of washed mist from your
mist-washer, eye of a newt, toe of frog, never mind the fire burn and
cauldron bubblewash bit, just put it in and go, and Hey! I've done dozens
of trouble-free miles already!

This one's also better than biodiesel, and only $3,000:

http://www.myfastfuel.com/index.html
Alternative Fuel Solutions

>No more playing mad scientist with the alcohol/alkaline biodiesel method.
-no preheating
-no tiltrating
-no washing
-no chances of a corrosive fuel damaging expensive engine components,
which is typical when using the alcohol/alkaline method. The fuel produced
in our units comes out with a neutral PH
-no glycerin to dispose of
-no measuring
-no dangerous mixture of explosive chemicals

Not only that, your motor will last twice as long, it says. No test
results though. Metal particles, dust, grit, moisture, acids, tars,
additives, all removed with a filter, miraculous.

But surely they can't be making a profit on it, I mean they won't be
getting any glyc cocktail so they can flog it to composters.

Tell you what though, the folks at dieselsecret might talk out of both
sides of their mouths, but there's no shortage of avid punters out for a
free lunch with their eyes crossed. Dieselsecret's laughing all the way to
the bank.

Best

Keith

>Gustl,
     Did you get a good laugh?
     I had an opportunity to check out the site only recently.
     I got an e-mail from a worm farmer in California who wanted to know
about using the glycerine from BD production for composting. He had
responded to an add in his local paper selling glycerine from BD production
to "speed up compost piles." They sent him quotes from one of my posts to
the biofuel list regarding composting with glycerine.
     During an exchange of e-mails he told me he was looking at a way to
make biodiesel a new, easier way. He told me about www.dieselsecret.com and
asked what I thought. I think I convinced him to save his money.
     I've been working on a bullshit-O-meter that can respond to "foul"
websites; meter, buzzer and even a foul smell-emitting option. I hope to
have it available for the holiday shopping season.
                                                          Grins,
                                                             Tom