  From: Will Kelleher
  To: biofuel@sustainablelists.org
  Sent: Sunday, February 10, 2008 2:38 PM
  Subject: [Biofuel] Biodiesel or Byproduct Powered Boiler

  Hello everyone,

  I'm involved in a student run project to construct a 400 gallon batch
  reactor at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.  We cannot use
  electricity as a source for our reaction heat, so we have been looking for a
  product or byproduct fueled boiler to heat water that will pass through a
  heat exchanger to heat the oil.  Does anyone have any recommendations?  I
  came across a product from Agsolutions that claims it can burn a mixture of
  product and byproduct, the ideal solution for us, but their site does not
  provide very much information.  I also read a few threads in the infopop
  forum that mention the hazards of burning byproduct.  Is our goal feasible?

  Thanks,

  --
  William Kelleher
  Sophomore, Electrical Engineering