You HAVE TO GARDEN!!!
  Kirk

  http://perdurabo10.tripod.com/id691.html

      Farmers Now Spraying MSG On Crops

  Among the newest horror stories making the rounds on the web is a report that
an agribusiness is now promoting monosodium glutamate (MSG) to farmers as a
crop growth enhancer.

  The product, AuxiGro, is made by Emerald BioAgriculture in Lansing, Michigan.
According to the report, this stuff is showing up now in fertilizer, fungicide,
pesticide and plant growth enhancer products.

  The company web site promotes its product and reveals that AuxiGro has been
secretly getting mixed in our food chain since 1999. The promotional material
suggests that the product enhances flowering, produces larger fruit size and
greater yields in farm products. We also are told that AuxiGro helps suppress
disease.

  Fortunately, the recommended dosage is relatively light at just four ounces
of liquid application per acre. What we do not know is the concentration of
chemicals in those ounces, or just how much of the product is MSG.

  From what I know about the effects of MSG to human brain cells, I don't want
to be consuming any of it. And yet I know MSG has been secretly slipped into
most prepared foods we buy at the supermarket. If you don't believe me, start
reading the labels. It is in canned soups, canned spaghetti sauce and even
commercially sold salad dressings. My wife and I find ourselves searching long
and hard to find food products that do not, or at least appear not to contain
MSG.

  Even worse news, another site warns that the new nasal spray flu vaccine
called FluMist is laced with MSG and manufacturers are set to flood the market
with soaps, shampoos and other body care products that will contain glutamic
acid, a form of MSG.

  Because MSG is an amino acid it is promoted as a "natural" or "organic"
product. Due to the bad publicity, the listing of monosodium glutamate or
glutamic acid on food and product labels is often camouflaged to say things
like "natural flavors" or "other ingredients."

   Why would producers want to force feed us with MSG when a lot of us are
making it very clear we do not want this poison in our food? The word is
profit. Money.

  MSG is an excito-toxin to the brain. When we consume it, it excites the brain
into mass production of dopamine, something like, although probably not as
intense as a cocaine rush. This gives us a brief sensation of well being that
brings us back for more. In short, MSG is addictive.

  What many people don't understand is that the brain is being forced to
process so much dopamine following consumption of an excito-toxin that brain
cells are getting permanently destroyed. I sometimes wonder if the mass feeding
of excito-toxins like MSG and aspartame (artificial sweetener) may be directly
related to the general dumbing down of America.

  There are many cases where people suffer an allergic reaction, or simply
become sick from exposure to this chemical.

  The Truth in Labeling story that launched my report stated: Even before
consumers had an inkling that crops were being sprayed, the Truth in Labeling
Campaign received reports that MSG-sensitive consumers had gotten sick from
russet potatoes, head lettuce, and broccoli -- produce that had been approved
for spraying with AuxiGro.

  Some chemistry students might challenge this story, saying that AuxiGro
contains natural L-glutamic acid, which occurs in nature and does not damage
brain cells.

  The story addresses this. It said: truly natural glutamic acid (the glutamic
acid found in plants and animals which is L-glutamic acid, only) is not the
same as manufactured glutamic acid (which contains D-glutamic acid,
pyroglutamic acid and contaminants in addition to its L-glutamic acid).
http://www.msgfacts.net/AuxiGro.htm.