Hello James

>Doug,
>
>Here are a few links. I've driven an E250 van that ran on biodiesel made
>from algae oil..

Well that would be a first. It needs a little more detail please
James, or a lot more detail. Considering that by all accounts there
is no such thing as biodiesel from algae apart from a few lab samples
and some pilot projects that never get any further, and zero
production - but LOTS of hype! Please see the links in my reply to
Doug.

>This process was revived by MIT and Jimmy Carter in
>1979.

In which John Benemann was one of the lead scientists, and he is
completely sceptical. See:
<http://www.mail-archive.com/biofuel@sustainablelists.org/msg70264.html>

>And is the most bang for the alt energy buck anywhere..
>
><http://web.mit.edu/erc/spotlights/alg.html>
><http://thefraserdomain.typepad.com/energy/2006/12/arizona_public_.html>

Where is the production?

Best