Mike,
     Test batches can be difficult  ......  well worth the effort.
     Blenders provide excellent agitation, but it is difficult to maintain
the proper temp.
     PET bottles allow one to maintain temp better, but agitation may be
inadequate.

     It is important to maintain temp even if you must interupt agitation.
Suggestion:  Achieve the temp of 130F, blend for 5 minutes, check temp
                   If necessary, carefully return the liquid to a container
to be heated.
                   Return to blender and repeat 2 (3?) more times

     I use a hot water bath for heating the mix. Do you have a pot big
enough to fit the blender pitcher into? The pot would contain hot (~150F)
water. Instead of pouring the hot mix back and forth you could simply place
the pitcher from the blender, with top on, into the hot water bath to
re-establish the 130F, blot dry and buzz it again.

     I have returned to doing some test batches. I favor heating the mix in
a PET bottle that has a wide mouth with a twist open/close top. Sport drink
plastic bottles often have this feature. This allows me to limit methanol
evaporation while heating the mix. I either twist the top to open while
heating or I squeeze the bottle to decrease volume of air before closing and
heating. The wide mouth and a funnel make it easy to add the liquid. I heat
the mix in a hot water bath.

                                       Good Luck,
                                                    Tom