From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Chip Mefford
Sent: Monday, May 05, 2008 3:52 PM
To: sustainablelorgbiofuel@sustainablelists.org
Subject: Re: [Biofuel] Fascists at it again

Chris Burck wrote:
> the wiki articles place too much emphasis imho on fascism as a
> philosophy, though they do discuss corporatism,
> production/productivism, and strong government intervention in favor
> of the economic elites.

im(not so -h)o that has to do with the fact that it's a pejorative
term that gets tossed about rather than an apt description.
wikipedia is correct to focus on fascism as an economic/governmental
philosophy, as that is what it is.
Where the fascists and the corporate autocracy cross paths,
folks jump for joy and scream fascisti! fascisti! when in point,
it's a term that no longer has meaning, rather like nazi, commie,
hippie, etc, ad nausium.

> On 5/5/08, Kirk McLoren <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Good URL Andy. Everyone should look at it.
>>   Most politicians seem to be a sick breed of cat. Power mad sociopaths.
How
>> they can be so toxic and not even have a hint of their pathology is
beyond
>> me.
>>
>>   Kirk
>>
>> Andy Karpay <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>   For "some reason" Wikipedia definition of fascism has lost its
references
>> merging corporatism with the state (it's what I don't like about
Wikipedia).
>> However, some common threads can be seen here.
>>
>> 14 Points of fascism: The warning signs
>> http://oldamericancentury.org/14pts.htm
>>
>> AK
>> .....The Fascist State organizes the nation, but leaves a sufficient
margin
>> of liberty to the individual; the latter is deprived of all useless and
>> possibly harmful freedom, but retains what is essential; the deciding
power
>> in this question cannot be the individual, but the State alone....
>> --- Benito Mussolini
>>
>> The fascist rat bags who think themselves our betters are now promoting
>> their pharma income. The state is a myth. Mussolini got what all good
>> fascists deserve. Basically these people will rule you into the ground if
>> you let them
>>
>> Chip Mefford wrote:
>> Was that fascist as in /extreme/ nationalism?
>> Or is that fascist as in pejorative label applied
>> to things we don't like, without any real definition
>> or meaning?

>> messages):
>> http://www.mail-archive.com/biofuel@sustainablelists.org/

>> messages):