I've been interested in the pantone reactor for a few years. A friend
bought the plans from pantone, and when I saw them I thought htat it
looked like this was mostly bull, the plans were so poor and incomplete.
a few years back, a guy from France made a unit for a lawnmower and it
worked! so he posted the info on the web, free of charge and others
repeated the setup with success. Then one guy figured, lets try putting
only water in the reactor and leave the carb intact, running normally.
So no modifications to the engine, just an add on. The product of the
reactor was introduced at the air intake and the result was that the
motor ran cooler and burned cleaner, with increased power and a
consumption that got better and better. Emission tests were done,
showing a  super clean burn. Since, many people have done the same, some
with great results and some with only 10-15 % better consumption, but
all of them got a very clean burn. A handkerchief on the exhaust stayed
white, on old diesels that burned very poorly previously. The people
doing this are mostly farmers, and they're showing others how to at
fairs and such. So many have had success and documented their setup
(more than one hundred) that I believe that it works. It also seems to
function better on diesels than on gasoline. See the latest here:
 http://reaction.directe1.free.fr/Merco220D/merco.htm
and the site where you find most of them:
http://pagesperso-orange.fr/quanthommesuite/RealPMCPantone.htm
and another:
http://pagesperso-orange.fr/quanthommesuite/imagesreal05/fichespadapte.pdf
These guys sell a unit: http://www.hypnow.fr/
All these sites are in French, but you can try the google translator.
Lots of pics... And, when told about this, Pantone said this could not
possibly work...lol
Bernard