I recently "dumped" a WVO supplier because their oil has become
unmanageable - my best guess is that they are using Magnesol to "filter" it,
and get more mileage out of it... The titration was all over the spectrum,
and yes, for those of you that would ask, all was well with the titration
chemicals, and process... Test batches done at titration levels varied in
result, and again, I suspected I had a bad component somewhere, but even
with many test batches, only changing one component at a time to control the
outcome(s), it was never anywhere near what the titration said it should
be... Titration results "suddenly" went up with the change of ownership...
hmmm..
So, that's my best guess, and my exp. with that sort of thing... and BTW, I
have other suppliers with very dark oil and their stuff titrates and
processes as it should... good luck with that, Al

FWIW, I don't eat there either... >:-|

> Hi All,
>      I was offered a dumpster full of WVO. New owner of a diner "inherited
it" from the previous owner. I tested a sample  ..... clean, fairly light in
color .....  titrated 19g KOH/L !!!
>      (My previous high was 11 g KOH/L, but that oil was very dark.)
>
>      The label on the dumpster says that the "kitchen grease" will be
"returned to the food chain" as a component of animal feed. I would just as
soon keep it out of the food chain and make 100+ gal of biodiesel. Will the
two stage acid/base method handle such WVO as this? Am I looking for trouble
pumping out, and getting stuck with, 100+ gal of burnt-out oil?