Hi All;

It has been a while but I am not idle. I hope everyone is keeping well.
I have been working on converting a 2 stroke to run on ethanol. Engine
work is well underway. I wanted to get some ethanol to start testing
what lubricants I can use as a substitute for the commercial 2 stroke
lubes meant for gasoline.  I am hoping esters are the answer obvioisly.
I don't have any anhydrous ethanol so I found out that one of the only
two stations that sell E85 is about 1/2 hr away so I drove out with a
jerry can, only to find that they WILL NOT SELL any E85 unless you pull
up with a flex fuel vehicle and they will only fill the tank and no
extra cans. The kid at the pump jerks his thumb over his shoulder and
tells me he can only pump it if the guy in the building says so.  I walk
up to the building with its big red banner above the door with proud
letters that read "ONTARIO ALTERNATIVE ENERGY COUNCIL"  I asked the
manager how I was supposed to get fuel to do my research and he said he
could not help me.  I asked if it was a company policy or a law and he
told me (wrongly) that it was the law.  I have since discovered that it
is just the company policy but there is nowhere else to buy. I can
produce my own anhydrous ethanol but I thought I'd save the hastle and
give some of my dollars to help promote the alt fuel business. I guess
the bond between car manufacturers and fuel producers is nowhere
stronger than in the alternative fuels area eh?  I'm going to vomit
now....please excuse me.

Joe