Hi all

My apologies to anyone for whom this is teaching grandma to suck eggs. For
everyone else, I thought you'd probably want a heads-up on this.

I've received a number of spam emails over the past few days, from random
apparent addresses, with .pif files attached - almost certainly carrying some
virus or other. Naturally I've deleted them as I always do such messages, and
given them no further thought.

However, today I received this one:

        Saturday, 28 February, 2009 8:45 AM

                "archive.com/biofuel@sustainablelists.org"
<archive.com/biofuel@sustainablelists.org>

            Subject: New document
Message contains attachments

            new_document4.pif (39KB)

Hello!
Note that I have attached your document.
Thanks

Evidently the sender has harvested member addresses from the list, and is
sending spam/virus attacks to them, apparently from the list.

Beware - and if you receive anything like this, delete without opening the
attachment.

And, if you can, run Linux, or MacOS, not Windows ;-)

Hope that's helpful,

Adrian