Hi Bob

>Just to add to the stew: in New Zealand (the clean, green, much-boasted
>nuclear-free land of absolute neutrality) a journalist was held in a mental
>hospital as "delusional" for saying that 9/11 was an inside job.
>
><http://snipurl.com/rtcnj>
>
>"I was wrongly diagnosed as delusional by the psychiatric staff of Ward 7 at
>Northland Base Hospital in Whangarei and held against my will for 11 days in
>mid-2006, because I maintained the attacks of 9/11 were orchestrated by
>criminal elements inside the US Administration."

Is she actually a journalist?

Uncensored Magazine | Clare Swinney
Clare Swinney has written 748 posts for Uncensored Magazine
http://uncensored.co.nz/author/clare-swinney/

Uncensored Magazine is just another 9/11 conspiracy rag (founded by a
porn king and a suppressed inventions conspiracist). Other magazines
have rejected Clare Swinney's offerings. Has she ever worked as a
professional journalist?

The mental hospital story sounds chilling, but is that quite what
happened? The statement she made that 9/11 was an inside job wasn't
made in a news report, it was a rather substance-free complaint she
made to TVNZ, and then to the Broadcasting Standards Authority when
TVNZ didn't agree with her. See:
<http://www.bsa.govt.nz/decisions/2006/2006-011.htm>.

Here's her evidence:
<http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr163/KiwiClare/SCAN0012.jpg>,
but how exactly did the BSA rejection of her complaint lead to her
being detained (was she detained?) at the mental hospital? I'm sure
BSA was a little irritated at having their time wasted (they had to
watch 2 DVDs of conspiracist stuff), but they'd hardly get so cross
they'd call in the shrinks to put her in a rubber room.

There's not much else to be found about it, which is a bit surprising
if she's to be believed. IMHO she's not to be believed.

Anyway, she is delusional - all conspiracists are delusional, by
definition, and she's certainly a conspiracist, there are no proved
or provable facts to support her views, which she's clearly convinced
are factual, but they're not factual, it's all conjectural. As we've
just been establishing.

That doesn't mean it's pathological though, something to be
"diagnosed". Everybody to some extent believes things that in another
part of their minds they know aren't true, but it's harmless, and
it'd probably be difficult to get along otherwise, as with the little
white lies that everyone tells. No way of knowing which bracket Clare
Swinney might fall into.

Whatever, I don't think all this adds up to suppression of her views
by TPTB in order to silence her, though I'm sure she intends to give
that impression. That would be both naive and futile (TPTB are not
usually naive or futile). Why would they give a shit anyway?

Naah.

Best

Keith