Keith:  Thanks for responding.  I do a second distillation using calcium
chloride and then 3A molecular sieve to dry the alcohol.  So far I have been
using 50% lard mixed with 50% soybean oil (both used) . I am in the process
of eliminating the lard and using used soybean oil with a titration of 2
grams NaOH per liter. I use KOH at the U. of Idaho's recommended amount of 1.3
Kg per 100 liters of oil. I have been using 1/3 purchased methanol mixed with
 2/3 self produced ethanol and using 20% alcohol by volume in the reaction.
 The ethanol is 99% pure. Lee