Hi Darryl

I agree with all that. Just about.

Yes, it's difficult to separate the wheat from the chaff, to have an
empty mind, free of expectation, but it's essential, and not
impossible. We have to do the best we can - we might never get there,
but we'll get a lot further than if we just rolled over and didn't
try at all.

Sorry, corporations are NOT human. But they're very damned good at
convincing people that they are, they spend a LOT of money on it.
Yes, real people work for them, and might even seem to own them,
that's part of the facade. We've been through all that before, there
are very good resources in the archives on all things corporate,
including corporate personhood. Please check. (And I did say free of
paymaster bias.)

As for the reforestation project you mention, it's best to emulate
nature as far as possible in such matters. Nature doesn't do
monocrops and clearcuts, for good reason, and if she did, she
wouldn't plant the following crop without replenishing the soil
fertility the previous crop removed. Like farming, you know? What did
they do with the leaves and trimmings and so on? Burn it in situ?
Slash and burn, that is. The ash puts some of the minerals back, much
the same as chemical fertilisers do. Shredding it and making compost
is best, even just using the shred as mulch would help a lot. So many
options - run some pigs on it for a few weeks, they'll do a wonderful
job of ploughing and fertilising it.

Biochar is nonsense.
<http://www.mail-archive.com/sustainablelorgbiofuel@sustainablelists.org/msg70170.html>
<http://www.mail-archive.com/sustainablelorgbiofuel@sustainablelists.org/msg70182.html>

You end with the Precautionary Principle. That's how I started:

>  >>>>>>    ... Precaution, definitely, and yet I can't help feeling
>that there...

I think you're not taking much note of quite a few things I've said
since. "Bet the planet"?

Enough now. I stand by what I said.

Regards

Keith