If you have not already done so, join a FreeCycle, FullCircles or
similar group that moves stuff from where it is no longer needed to
where it is wanted.  All for free.  Not dramatic, just effective.  An
interesting way to find your local fellow collaborators.

http://www.freecycle.org/

http://www.fullcircles.org/

Darryl