http://www.fourseasonfarm.com/resources/index.html#greenhouses

This chap wrote a book. I ordered it last week, but I can't comment as amazon
says it'll take another
two weeks to get here. I just built a hybrid (well, bigger than a cold frame
and not a full size
greenhouse) last weekend. It will be unheated. I've looked up some information
on the internet
regarding greenhouses, as my sweatheart has a strong interest in veggie
gardening in winter and the
accompanied financial benefits, specially during winter. There seem to be two
schools of thought:
using heated greenhouses and unheated greenhouses.
For starters I made this small thing, 2,5 by 1,5 metres, about 1,5 metres tall,
both roofs sloping.
Sadly its burried under one and a half feet of snow today ... winter came in
early this year. Next year I'm
planning a bigger, walk in greenhouse. It'll be unheated, as we don't aspire to
tomatoes in winter.
This year we got salad greens in the "hybrid". I'm quite confident it'll work
fine, as in the
previos winter our winter lettuce survided quite nicely under more than 2 feet
of snow just
covered with gardening fabric. But that was just surviving, not growing. We're
hoping for more with this
new setup.