----- Original Message -----

As someone who might be called a prepper, maybe even doomer, perhaps
survivalist, or whatever you want, who *also* is prior law enforcement,
and has done a bit of SAR and EMS work, I think this
article is heavy on rhetoric and hyperbole.

here's something I wrote on this issue a few years back:

http://cubic-dog.blogspot.com/2008/05/weather-be-prepared.html