 From: Francene McClintock <painc...@mail.com>
To: sustainablelorgbiofuel@lists.sustainablelists.org
Sent: Saturday, May 18, 2013 1:21 PM
Subject: [Biofuel] high level nuclear waste dump sites, map and comments

Re: High Level Waste Dump
http://www.energy.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/nuclear-waste-bill-feedback
http://www.energy.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/nuclear-waste-bill-feedback&lang=en

and this: http://info.ornl.gov/sites/publications/files/Pub37008.pdf
http://info.ornl.gov/sites/publications/files/Pub37008.pdf&lang=en
Ray LaHood may have retired to help with the dump. The Koch Brothers are trying
to buy the Tribunes, Chicago, LA and Richmond VA. All correspond to the high
level dump sites. Comments on the senate bill due by May 24 2013.
The full bill is here:
http://www.energy.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/files/serve?File_id=4f51d98f-c07a-4bdd-8460-a19e86b2b454

http://www.energy.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/files/serve?File_id=4f51d98f-c07a-4bdd-8460-a19e86b2b454&lang=en

Comments due by May 24, 2013
From reading it, it sounds like they might be making it into an international
dump??? (See p. 56 line 16-17 “Solicit expressions of interest.”)
Also commingling of commercial and military waste. (p.36 sec. 8)
p.49 line 18 “without regard to US code”. Why this exception? Cheap labor? No
healthcare for workers?
Sec 402 p. 41 line 23-25 elimination of legislative veto.
The storage site will possibly become the permanent site so they need to select
a geologically sound (impossible) area but they aren’t even going to try
according to this bill.
Any civil appeal has to be within 6 months at the judicial circuit court where
you live. Workers may not find out or recover from an injury in 6 months -
certainly not rad waste poisoning.
Feds say target isolation for high level waste is 10,000 years. 1/2-life
Technetium-99 is 213,000 years; Iodine-129 1/2 life is 15.9 million years.
Nuclear Waste Oversight Board: “Recommends to Administrator, President,
Congress ANY ACTIONS that may be needed to ensure the implementation of this
Act.”
Does that mean kill the protestors? Drone strikes...death to the public...
It is a fact that all the plants at Fukushima (and here in the US) are
connected to each other by electrical wires running through pipes. According to
Arnie Gunderson (see http://www.ifyoulovethisplanet.org/?p=6397
http://www.ifyoulovethisplanet.org/?p=6397&lang=en  ‘Arnie Gunderson Another
Update On The Unfolding Effects Of The Fukushima Disaster’ Start listening at
19:50), at Fukushima, this is where all the radiation is leaking out and
contaminating the whole site. It seems that the rubber caulk was not designed
to withstand radiation, heat or the salt water. I asked Arnie at the C.A.N.
Rally for a Nuclear-free Future in Washington DC Sept 20-22 if the plants in
the US were also designed this way. He said yes, all of them. That should shut
down the industry. Design failures...design flaws...