Hello,

has anybody looked into using Waste Veg Oil in the context of the UK
Renewables Obligation (in a 250-500Kw plant)?

It isn't specifically mentioned in the Govt's priorities for the RO,
but would obviously fit the bill for sustainability.

Have there been any issues with emissions (given that waste
incineration is fairly noxious and WVO may be lumped in the same
environmentally-unfriendly bag)? I think Nitrous Oxide emissions are
marginally higher than diesel, but that should be the only
drawback... There should be none of the Heavy Metal and Dioxin
problems. What about particles?

Are there any specific planning regulations that need to be
considered? Transportation should not be too much of an issue (the
traffic movements would be minimal). I suppose noise and location
would be paramount.

I have received a document from the DTI for Developers in Anaerobic
Digestion (with the various milestones etc). Does anyone know of a
similar overview of the process required for WVO?

Finally, I've heard that the EU may ban using WVO for animal food.
This would potentially open up the market to partner in some manner
with existing WVO "recyclers" for electricity generation (or take
over the collection process if these companies fail). Does anybody
have any details on the EUs plans?

Any input re hurdles encountered from commercial implementations
worldwide would be useful as well.

Thanks,

David Penfold

BTW, I'm in the initial stages of research on this project so don't
really have a lot to offer others wisdom-wise. If anybody else
(preferably with an engineering background) is also looking at this
in the UK, it may be worth getting together to pool resources.

Free $5 Love Reading
Risk Free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/3PCXaC/PfREAA/Ey.GAA/9bTolB/TM
[EMAIL PROTECTED]