Steve and I have been discussing the breeding of the perfect oil
plant. I will do some comparisions of the FA content of cultivars
where the FA composition is known. Meanwhile I'll start comment with:
carbon chains of between 12 and 16 preferably monounsaturates i.e.
one double bond. My reasoning is that much shorter and the Cetane
falls and combustion temperatures rise(more NOx)and much longer and
the cloud point gets too high. Any thoughts out there?
Regards from Harry.
PS If you don't see it soon remind me to post the results of the use
of recycled Dairy separators and the enhanced acid method for rapid
conversion of FFA's. I did forget to post the graph of FA
reduction /Time from the titration series on the acid catalyst method.

Biofuels at Journey to Forever
Biofuel at WebConX
http://www.webconx.com/2000/biofuel/biofuel.htm
List messages are archived at the Info-Archive at NNYTech: