I have only had time for a quick look, enough to concern me about a
few subtle flaws as far as objectivity goes. I will study the body,
at least it may be instructive as to the type of study that will
survive critical scrutiny. A number of sources re: pollution benefits
were apparently discounted as anecdotal. The context is important, it
may be that the funding was specific to CO2 benefits, I will review
it as I would a scientific literature review. Cheers fra Harry
--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], "Camillo Holecek" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> I did read through it, and I can not see what is so bizzare about
that
> study. We have seen worse.....
> Where they fail in their efford to be transparent, is the
high "primary
> energy input" given for esterification. Seems that this includes the
> methanol input, but this is not stated or explained.
>
> In total, a result of 0.51 MJ conventional input for 1 MJ renewable
BD
> output is average for studies that look at rape seed Biodiesel AND
it
> does give BD an edge over dinodiesel (where you have to put an
extra 1,2
> MJ dino input to deliver 1MJ dino output at the pump!).
>
> Also it is not explained why they are mad enough to transesterify
> refined rape seed oil. Raw will do just fine, as we all know.
>
> An intelligent system of course would use BD where ever possible in
the
> growing of the oil seed OR used veg. oil as the clever feedstock.
But
> they are starting, they may still learn  ;-)
>
> Camillo Holecek
> Biodiesel Raffinerie GmbH,
> Austria

20Report/DispFor
> m.htm?ID=2&Source=http%3A%2F%2F143%2E52%2E119%2E8%2FSED%2FRRU%
2FBiodie
> sel%2F
>
> Valiant effort at being polite.
>
> I suggest he could use some support - this foolish report should be
> scotched before it does harm.
>
> Regards
>
> Keith
>
> Biofuels at Journey to Forever