From: Andreas Neumann [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, February 08, 2005 5:26 PM
To: svg-developers@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [svg-developers] Re: adroit maps.google.com/maps

--- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "welkerpaul" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Andreas,
>   you'll need IE5.5+ to get vml.

well, I have IE6.0.28 but can't see any VML. Is VML in IE 6.0 as well?

As far as I understand the google up, everything is in raster tiles.
The bubbles may be divs, etc. - I can't see any VML. Can you show me
any VML source snippets in the source of the client app?

> This app is crazy fast with little effort within ie. Sug: the little
> gifs are ready on server + iexplorer gives them the ability to
> present this glossy responsive ui. (DirectX image processing , vml
> graphing, info bubble, etcpp., with transparency all over the
> place...)
> (Not worth mentioning ie doesn't rasterize vml for printing.)

well, but the data is already in raster ;-)

> Same thing has been tried with svg many times. Many times it got
> spoiled by unacceptable performance, workarounds leading to
> cluttered design, complicated plugin/browser integration and
> fragmentary printing support (add custom act of desperation
> here...).

well I know quite a few SVG mapping apps that perform well. But
probably not every one can afford big servers like Google or MS ...

> It's odds on that it is not going to happen..

how do you know? are you a google insider?

> PS: Google is a great company, still they cannot ignore their user
> base. Companies hardly turn down money on religious browser
> questions?

so, why do they hire firefox developers to continue their work on the
firefox browser?

Andreas

-----
To unsubscribe send a message to:

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

<http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=1290fv89s/M=298184.6018725.7038619.3001176/
D=groups/S=1706030389:HM/EXP=1107987963/A=2532114/R=2/SIG=12kn9issh/*htt
p:/clk.atdmt.com/NFX/go/yhxxxnfx0020000014nfx/direct/01/&time=1107901563
312850>

<http://view.atdmt.com/NFX/view/yhxxxnfx0020000014nfx/direct/01/&time=11
07901563312850>

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.6018725.7038619.3001176/D=group
s/S=:HM/A=2532114/rand=546942505>

  _____

Yahoo! Groups Links
*         To visit your group on the web, go to:

*         To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

*         Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>  Service.