On 23 mars 2005, at 21:42, John Dowdell wrote:

> Jim Ley wrote:
>> John Dowdell wrote:
>>> Here's the list of which devices ship with which engines:
>>> http://www.macromedia.com/mobile/supported_devices/
>>
>> No it's not!  I have two of the phones on that list, neither of
>> them ship with Flash Lite, a Flash Lite viewer could be
>> installed on those phones, but they do not _ship_  Could you
>> please actually confirm which one ship with it rather than
>> support it, which is all the page claims, but seems somewhat
>> different to what you claim?
>
> Hmm. I've had some email appear to be truncated recently... maybe you
> had the same thing happen to you, and did not see what I wrote
> immediately following the snippet quoted above. Let me try again:

Nothing got truncated, you just didn't understand what Jim wrote. Jim
just said that your page was wrong and that some of the devices listed
DO NOT ship with ANY version of Flash Lite at all.

> I know who licensed the Macromedia Flash Lite 1.1 libraries, but
> haven't
> tracked which ones of these have included the extra SVG-rendering
> instructions in their phones. If I can get off email early today I
> might
> be able to learn more.

Simple answer again, there are absolutely NO licensee of the SVG parts
of the Flash Lite player. Maybe Macromedia has some deals, but the
general public has never been informed of such deals.

Antoine
--
Antoine Quint — Fuchsia Design
SVG & Client-side XML Consulting