On Wednesday, December 7, 2005, 8:29:30 PM, jeff_schiller wrote:

j> Not to take this topic too far off, but this is both good and bad,
j> correct?  I believe the whole "identification of CDF documents" is
j> being debated within the CDF WG still (guess I need to complete my
j> reviews of the latest docs).  A server just sending any document to a
j> user agent without knowing whether the user agent can handle it is
j> prone to lots of failure scenarios - so how does the user agent
j> identify that it can handle both the individual chunks of content
j> (XHTML, SVG) and the mixture of the two types?

Yes. This sample was presented as a test, not as good practice. A WICD
media type is going to be a much more sure way for the compound document
by inclusion case. The client can put it in its accept header,for
example.

j>   If you want, we can
j> continue this via email (or in my blog post)...

--
 Chris Lilley                    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Chair, W3C SVG Working Group

http://us.click.yahoo.com/I258zB/QnQLAA/TtwFAA/1U_rlB/TM