Hi Lance,

svg-developers@yahoogroups.com wrote on 05/12/2006 04:48:32 PM:

> My example was incomplete. I wanted to transform and then draw many
> graphic primitives, not just one, and without groups because of the
> nesting issue.

  Well you can include the set of primitive to draw in a group
(but not nest).  This does add 2 char over the 'set' case but that
isn't bad ;)

  <set transform=""/>[your primitives]
  <g transform="" >[your primitives]</g>

> I agree with you about the userspace (scope) issue and
> resetting midstream, but it would be handy (for me) and there is a
> sequence to the commands which would answer that. Anyways, your
> comments sound good. thanks! I have reworked our parser for the way
> you suggest.

   Good luck.

> thanks!-
>
> -lance
>

> On May 12, 2006, at 1:32 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > Hi Lance,

> >> However, it also makes for a lot of redundant attributes, or deeply
> >> nested groups. I don't like that, but I guess there is no way around
> >> that at this time?
> >
> >    I don't see any "extra" redundancy SVG's way:
> >
> >    <g ....>
> >      <rect transform="translate(1,1)" ...>
> >      <rect transform="translate(2,2)" ...>
> >    </g>
> >
> >    Your way:
> >
> >    <g ....>
> >      <set transform="translate(1,1)"/>
> >      <rect ...>
> >      <set transform="translate(2,2)"/>
> >      <rect ...>
> >    </g>
> >
> >    It looks to me like your way has this extra "wasted" 'set' element.
> >
> >> to reset the attribute at the time of processing; and even make the
> >> set implicit to g="current" so I don't have to refer to it as that is
> >> the deepest context anyways. Otherwise, svg gets verbose and
> >> redundant.
> >
> >    I beg to differ, I'll admit that trying to nest your g elements
> > isn't
> > that nice, but just setting the transform on the rects is very concise
> > and avoids a lot of issues like just what is the userspace of the g
> > if you can change it in the middle of the children list...
> >

> -----
> To unsubscribe send a message to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://us.click.yahoo.com/97bhrC/LGxNAA/yQLSAA/1U_rlB/TM