> For his benefit and others, didn't you write up something in a YOIS
> column at some point?  URL please?

The following three columns have shrinkwrap discussions.  (Note that some of
the columns have link problems, etc., gotta fix those, but the articles
relevant to this discussion are fine.)

http://www.if-legends.org/~yois/backissues/19981008.html
http://www.if-legends.org/~yois/backissues/19981120.html
http://www.if-legends.org/~yois/backissues/20000318.html

> - Holes in the wrap (usually back only) where the guy with the
> blow-dryer blew too hard/long and made it open into a hole and was too
> lazy to rewrap it again

I love these.  Makes it really easy to tear off when you're opening a
rewrap.

> - The back of the box is upside down compared to the front (guy put the
> box on upside down before shrinking)

Careful, though: I believe the early Wizardry titles may actually have been
packaged this way.  I've opened at least two because of this, only to find
mint-looking materials inside.  Anyone confirm?

> Anyone care to contribute to the above list?  I think I nailed most of
> the obvious re-wrap signs.

Hugh got the pencil-sized hole that only exists with conveyor shrinks, but
here are a few more:

Wear on the package, underneath the wrap.

Package feels lighter than it should with all the materials intact.  (This
one takes some practice, and it helps to have a known wrap for comparison.)

Particularly dirty or old-looking wrap is probably an original, especially
if the game itself is old (pre-1983 or so).  It's a sign it's been gathering
crud in a filthy warehouse for 15 - 20 years.