>    I was thinking about what C.E. said regarding holes, and thought the
>same thing Hugh said about a single hole.  Chris, can you elaborate a
little
>on a single hole, as I know I've seen them on original wrap.

(Sorry for the delay, I'm just starting to pick up the Shoppe again.)

"The size of a pencil eraser" is the standard description for factory
shrinkwrap holes.  I've seen them on both sides of Infocom games (double
holes), though single holes are common too.  Only factory shrink machines
can put these in, not the cheaper ones used by a reseller, so if you have
one with a hole it's a prime indicator of original wrap.

>    Anyway, in addition to what was already said, things I look for with
>original shrink:

Good signs, all of them.  We should also add glue residue from stickers that
have been in place but either fell off or removed -- sometimes a glue
outline is still visible.  (FWIW, I keep all the stickers in place on my
shrinks to prove the wrap's authenticity, even if they obscure the cover
art.)

>    When I buy any game, I always check everything.  Lots of newer games
>just use a clear circular or rectangular sticker on the top and bottom.

Yeah, you need to watch out for restickering.  It's easier to pull off than
a convincing rewrap: It's possible, though painstaking, to remove the
original sticker completely and reseal with another.

Personally I miss shrinkwrap, but the stickers are definitely cheaper for
the publisher.