In a message dated 08/28/2001 3:14:31 PM Central Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< Ouch.  I think I understand now; they'll bid in $.50 increments until
 the system won't let them bid something that won't break past the
 minimum-allowable bid?  Geez.

Exactly :)

 It sounds like everyone *has* to snipe in order for the system to be
 "fair".  This is really starting to stink :)

Haha, well it can stink but it is also interesting!!! And sniping still does
not make it fair. The only way to do that is what Yahoo does, if there is a
bid in the last few minutes it extends the auction for 10 mins. This can
continue as long as bids are being placed. Even this is not "totally" fair as
the old high bidder may not be around to have another chance but if they made
their max proxy bid they should not feel bad. Ebay will never do this (unless
they think it will make them more money, then they would in a heartbeat).

Tom