Karl Kuras wrote:
> So, many 1st person RPG either
> a) had advertised multiplayer support but never implemented it (Descent
> Undermountain)
> b) had net support but no lan support (Yserbius)
> c) have nice LAN support but the RPG elements were completely gone
(Legends
> of Might & Magic)
>
> I'd say there's something really important missing in the RPG world... :(

>It's a shame that the first person RPG hasn't found a better presence for
>those of us who just don't have the time or interest to "live" in a
MMORPG.
>At least there are still the Bioware 3rd Person games, like Baldur's Gate
>and Icewind Dale which deliver a fairly competent multiplayer lan game...
>unfortunately they are all just big adventures and don't give you the
>ability to play small self contained stories which can be played in an
>afternoon (which was one of the initial promises of Legends of M&M)

Oh, don't get me started on Baldur's Gate/Icewind Dale again! >;) If I
_had_ to play a RPG over a LAN it'd rather be Diablo 2... or any fantasy
strategy game instead (OT: Just found out that Disciples of the Sacred
Lands is a much more interesting strategy game than simply another horribly
failed Master of Magic / Heroes of Might & Magic clone).

Pedro R. Quaresma
[EMAIL PROTECTED] / [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"So long, and thanks for all the fish"

http://www.salvador-caetano.pt