On Tuesday, October 15, 2002, at 08:57  PM, C.E. Forman wrote:
[Snip]
> Definitely a good one, in the sense that you'd be sparing the winner
> from
> being harrassed with requests for image copies.  But do offer to
> e-mail an
> HTML version of the final auction page after close (with the winning
> bidder's info edited out of course) so people can at least check on the
> other bidders and get assurance that you're not using shilling to
> drive the
> price up.  (Then again, you have a good rep as one of the Dragons,
> hopefully
> this wouldn't be necessary.  But it never hurts to be proactive and
> assure
> your public.)

        Hmm.  I'm not sure about that.  Letting everyone know who bid, except
for the winning bidder seems to me to be killing the idea of a private
auction.  Maybe if I gave the list to the winning bidder since they are
the one who would be most vulnerable to  shills.

        I'll need to ponder your idea for a bit from the perspective of a
buyer.

[Snip]
> Talk to Eli Tomlinson.  He seems to have done a good job of promoting
> his
> quarter-million games auction.  (Even though it didn't sell, it sure
> got a
> lot of attention.)

        Thanks.

--