On Wednesday, October 16, 2002, at 06:12  AM, CcomputerGameCollector
wrote:
[Snip]
> Sorry to here that bro.  A group of fund-type auctions were surely
> help. I'm
> sure.  As far as promoting, there are many ways.  Eli Thomlinson would
> gladly put a link on his page, I would put one on CGC, as I'm sure just
> about anyone else you contact would.

        One of my problems is that a fair number of the more valuable games my
wife and I have are ones we gave each other.  (It was through trying to
help people find Ultima games that we first started talking with each
other.)  So a number of things we might sell have a sentimental value.

        On the pragmatic hand, given the economy, people just aren't paying
the prices they used to for most of the stuff we collected (Ultima,
Infocom).  Infocom folios, for example, just aren't fetching what they
used to and Origin seems to have done an excellent job of killing the
Ultimas.  :-(

        All of this is a long-winded way of saying I think you have an
excellent idea, but I'll have to figure out which games I have that
would work well with your idea.

        Thanks for your thoughts on the subject.

--

Edward Franks
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>