Wow, thanks for the info, Tom.  I've never had this problem myself, and have cancelled snipes multiple times.  I'm still on the old server, though, could make a difference.

At least eSnipe was forthcoming about the possibility of technical snags.  Imagine if you got a message like that from eBay, actually admitting there was a problem with their site... You'd probably think it was someone playing a practical joke!
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, November 22, 2002 8:32 AM
Subject: [SWCollect] Serious esnipe problem

I had a bid scheduled at esnipe yesterday. Noticed the auction price was higher than my bid so deleted the esnipe (about 1 hour 45 mins before end of auction). However I got an email from esnipe saying the bid had been placed although of course I did not win. This is the first time I have deleted a pending bid so am very concerned, has anyone else had this problem? If it was an item I decided I didn't want and I won because of a bug at esnipe I would be VERY UNHAPPY. Was using new site by the way if that makes a difference. I have written to esnipe, will see what they have to say.

Tom