Sorry to pimp one of my own projects here, but it 1. serves as an explanation
as to why I've been so silent since I created the mailing list, and 2. it has
slight relevance to our hobby:

After 2.5 years, I have finally finished MindCandy, a double-sided DVD filled
with "demos", which are best described as underground hacker multimedia
artistic programming demonstrations.  You can read all about it and download a
trailer at www.mindcandydvd.com.  That explains why I've been so slient.  The
"relevance" part is the "old-school" side of the DVD, which has a lot of early
PC demos from 1990-1997, which illustrate how ahead of the game industry demos
were -- clever young programmers were pushing PCs harder than game companies
during that time period.  Also relevant is the history of demos, explained in
a 16-minute featurette, where I explain that demos were born from software
pirates cracking games and bragging about it.

So, if you want to help me break even on the project, please feel free to
order one :).  <sob story> Otherwise I'll have to start... selling... my
collection... to make ends meet </sob story>  ;-)

Anyway, sorry for the spam, but since many of you know me personally I thought
I'd let you know what happened to me.  I should start getting back into the
swing of things in January.
--
Jim Leonard ([EMAIL PROTECTED])                    http://www.oldskool.org/
Want to help an ambitious games project?     Drop by http://www.mobygames.com/