> - I'm assuming it was written from scratch.  What did it have that
> DOS/ProDOS didn't?  Smaller footprint, faster, no Apple royalties :)?

Yeah, it was VERY small - that was the major requirement.  It took up
$D000-$D3FF, which is 1k.  I gave it a ProDOS-like API so it was easy to
use, but it was a very limited API because the memory was limited.  I
had pathnames, file open, read, write, close, etc. though.

> - How long did it take to write?

It took 2 weeks to write. :)

> - Last, were you pretty much on your own writing it  (here's a buncha
> requirements, get us something in X weeks) or more interactive?

I worked on it with my friend Lane Roathe.  Lane did the 256-byte RWTS
routine (the low-level) and I did the high-level code that supported the
disk structure and API.  There's an easter egg in there too. :)  Here's
a link to it: http://hometown.aol.com/graemecree/infobugs/infonote.htm

Just doing a Google of: infodos romero will get you there.

- John