On Friday, February 7, 2003, at 01:41  AM, John Romero wrote:

Speaking of Zork, y'all might not care (or you might think it's neat),
but I co-created Infocom's "InfoDOS" that was the OS for Zork Zero,
Arthur & 2 other Infocom titles.  Back in the 80's. :O
I love the old Infocom games. Zork is one of my favorite series and I was glad to see the games were available on the Apple II to the very end. Was it difficult to fit that version of the ZCode interpreter onto an Apple II? Did you have to make any compromises from the other versions? How was it working with Infocom (Activision?) at that time?

On an unrelated note, there's something I'm curious about. I remember reading in an old issue of CGW that when you guys came to name Wolf3D you did a search for the then-current owner of Silas Marner's Castle Wolfenstein. CGW claimed that the copyright had somehow lapsed in the many changes of hands CW went through (someone was supposedly still selling copies from their garage). Is that story true or did you just buy the existing CW copyright?

--

Edward Franks