On Jan 15, 2004, at 10:19 AM, Pedro Quaresma wrote:

That is excellent news indeed! But what do you mean by "not perfectly"? With slowdowns/choppy?

I just tried the newest MT-32 'enabled' version [1] of DosBox. After having to snag a newer version of the SDL dll [2], I can now here the speech and music for Black Gate and Serpent Isle. It still isn't perfect as the music sounds off to my ears, but it is working better than before. The only problem is that you need an MT-32 ROM and that's not freely distributable. I own an MT-32 which puts me in a legal grey area.

All in all this is damn cool. :-D

[1] http://www.artworxinn.com/alex/downloads.htm

[2] SDL 1.2.6 for Win32 at http://www.libsdl.org/download-1.2.php

--