Hugh Falk schrieb:

> Well, I don't really track PC data too closely anymore since I'm doing only
> console games.  However, 250K units on a console would usually be a failure.
> The only reason you can get away with such small sales on the PC is the
> lower cost of PC titles (don't have to pay Sony royalties and don't need
> special dev kits for example).  AAA console games are going to hope to sell
> 500K units or more.

PC development is cheaper than console development? Popular opinion has
it that console development is cheaper as you have a standardized
platform to develop for. So that's wrong?

It would be really cool if you and John could give us more details on
how the costs of development add up. How much goes into the actual
production, advertisements, licenses, box, manual, CD pressing, etc., as
a lot of this eludes me.

For example, I can't understand how a developer or a publisher can
develop a title for three years or more and expect to make a profit from
it (Republic: The Revolution, Duke Nukem Forever).

Marco