Actually, I'm kinda lucky - I have the original cover art to Nasir's game
"Neptune".....given to me by Nasir himself. :)

- John

-----Original Message-----
From: Jukka Eronen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, May 24, 2004 4:16 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [SWCollect] Sierra cover artists (was: Drash...)

> I've always been fascinated by game cover art myself. Someone should
really
> start a gallery of it :)

Yeah :). Quite an impossible task to locate the originals, though.
And even then to get to have them.

BTW does anyone here own original game art?
Cover art or ingame?

At least there've been some Sierra water colors available.
(The latest I saw was Quest for Glory 1 VGA scene I think.) They're surely
totally unique.

BTW early prototype box art can often be found in game catalogs.
F.ex. I have a "web gallery" on this subject (Sierra, Lucas, SSI, Tolkien
related at the moment):
http://koti.mbnet.fi/psychic/_eng_prototypes.html

> However I can't find the artist for the UII / Mt. Drash cover either.
> It wouldn't surprise me at all if the same artist did at least a few
> other cover arts for Sierra around the same timeframe. If anyone knows
> or finds out please tell me.

Well as implied I'm pretty sure SierraVenture "Wizard and the Princess"
is by the same artist as U II.
That folder doesn't have any artist credit either. And no signature in
either.

BTW anyone missing the silver platform sticker of Ultima II big box?
As I recall seeing it always is placed at left bottom corner above the
yellow text.
If the signature happened to be under there?-) (I doubt it though.)

- Jukka

--
http://koti.mbnet.fi/psychic/eng_index.html  -  Synchronic Web:
Sierra/Lucas/Tolkien/Ultima/AD&D/SSI collecting and beyond!

Polesoft Lockspam - Safe Anti Spam Way!
http://www.polesoft.com/