Problem: you gotta get permission of the venues to do this. Any venue that
is of decent size that would even have room for 2-3 cameras, rigging, etc.
is probably going to want some sort of fee or have some hoops to jump
through.

It will cost you a lot more than $3000 to record them, and no band that i
know of is going to give you a tape right off the soundboard. You'd need to
bring in 3 ADAT's, patch equipment, etc. to record each channel separately
and re-mix later.

Nice idea, but it ain't that easy.

Jason.