On 12 May 2006 at 21:20, daniel fischer wrote:

> there have been no improvements regarding OpenLaszlo. I had a closer
> look at that once, but gave up because i couldnt find a "small enough"
> test file - wading through 13034 .........

>   > Can this be due to OpenLaszlo movies having absolute references and requiring
>   > placement in _root?

Dan, thanks for taking time to look at this ..

From one of the OpenLaszlo forum threads ..

"The minimum size of an OpenLaszlo swf ("hello world") is about 72 kb.

The runtime "LFC" system (laszlo foundation classes) is included as a monolithic library for even an empty app."

http://www.laszlosystems.com/developers/community/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2432

If you need a smaller test file, earlier I posted some samples at

http://osflashlab.port5.com/swfmill/index.html

Just try importing one file .. top_mc.swf - 72,822 bytes.

DL