"Steve Webster" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> (on Fri, 12 May 2006 22:50:52 +0100):

  > I think I understand how the whole import mechanism works, and I can
  > see why the 9-slice grid isn't imported (DefineScalingGrid is a
  > sibling of DefineShape, not a child of it) but I haven't had enough
  > time to even try to get it working yet.

I can see that you didnt even try, because your patch already solves that
problem fine :) - as you might know, when importing SWFs, swfmill "maps" the id
numbers to a new set, to assure they're not used twice. simply by understanding
the DefineScalingGrid tag (and correctly labelling the property denoting the id
of the referenced clip as "objectID"), ScaleGrids now get "id-translated", thus
continues to work.

Alexandre could've actually gotten some nice quirky effects because the grid
should've been applied to some arbitrary object (that got the id referenced).

I'll give your simple-import another look, then apply the patch and do a
prerelease. We need to get you svn access, you solved that problem it nearly a
month ago :/

-dan

--
http://0xDF.com/