Hi Ricardo,

It seems that you have found the problem.
The tests I've done were on a Linux shared server (Linux Hosting).
It is not possible to enable fastCGI.
Moreover, the maximum memory allowed for a process is 32 Mo, and as you noticed
with the files I sent, the conversion reach 40M/50M of memory.
I will try more investigations with an other server where fasstCGI is enabled,
but this cannot be done before a month.

Thanks for your help,

Regards,
Franck

> Message du 17/09/09 à 15h44
> De : "Ricardo Pedroso" <rmdpedr...@gmail.com>
> A : fruz...@voila.fr
> Copie à : swftools-common@nongnu.org
> Objet : Re: [Swftools-common] pdf2swf conversion error using php
>

> On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 2:38 PM, Ricardo Pedroso <rmdpedr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Sun, Sep 13, 2009 at 8:20 AM, franck ruzzin <fruz...@voila.fr> wrote:
> >> Hi Ricardo,
> >>
> >> Following the results for 2 problematic files, one with a return code of 1
> >> and the other with a return code of 6, when executing the php script via
> >> http.
> >>
> >> You'll notice that the execution from shell always ends with the
> >> generation of the swf file, the return code is 0.
> >> You'll notice that the http execution results in an error code (<>0) and
> >> no file generation.
> >>
> >> In the begining, I thought of a error inside the pdf files (the two files
> >> come from windows, one is written and converted to pdf with openoffice,
> >> the other is written with word and converted with PDFcreator). But in this
> >> case, why does the shell conversion succeed ?
> >>
> >> If it can help, I can send you the pdf files.
>
> Hi Franck,
>
> I received with pdf's.
>
> I copy paste you php script and run it through lighttpd.
> Both pdfs were successfully converted.
> My lighthttpd is configured to run php as fastcgi.
>
> It's seems that you have some limit configured somewhere, you have to find it.
> If with run php as mod_php, you could try to configure it to run as fastcgi.
>
> My best guess is that you are reaching a memory limit.
> Both pdf conversion reach 40M/50M of memory on my laptop.
>
> How do you run your apache/php? mod_php?
>
> You can try, as root:
> su - user_that_run_apache
>
> and then check the OS limits(memory, filesize,....) for that user with:
> ulimit
>
> I found this thread that problably is related to your problem:
> http://marc.info/?t=122233449100004&r=1&w=2
>
> Ricardo

Que sont devenues les stars de la télé réalité ? Toutes les infos sont sur
http://people.voila.fr/people/mediatheque/dossiers/liste-des-dossiers-people.html