> On Apr 21, 2016, at 19:58, James Berry <jbe...@rogueorbit.com> wrote:
>

>> On Apr 21, 2016, at 6:13 PM, Jordan Rose via swift-evolution
>>
>> On 'isLessThanOrEqual(to:)’: I agree with Xiaodi that the argument label is
>> problematic here. I think the problem is that we have two prepositions that
>> apply to the argument, and “pick the second one” leaves the base name
>> feeling unbalanced. (Remember that we allow referring to a method by its
>> basename alone when using it as a function value.)
>
> Maybe: isLessThanOrEqualTo(value:) ??

At that point the argument label doesn’t add anything that isn’t already
provided by the type.

"Otherwise, if the first argument forms part of a grammatical phrase, omit its
label."

The “otherwise” comes after "When the first argument forms part of a
prepositional phrase”, but in this case it forms part of two prepositional
phrases.

Jordan