Regards
(From mobile)

> On Jul 16, 2016, at 7:52 AM, Chris Lattner via swift-evolution
> <swift-evolution@swift.org> wrote:
>
> Hello Swift community,
>
> The second review of "SE-0117: Default classes to be non-subclassable
> publicly" begins now and runs through July 22. The proposal is available here:
>

> https://github.com/apple/swift-evolution/blob/master/proposals/0117-non-public-subclassable-by-default.md
>
> Reviews are an important part of the Swift evolution process. All reviews
> should be sent to the swift-evolution mailing list at

> or, if you would like to keep your feedback private, directly to the review
> manager.
>
> What goes into a review?
>
> The goal of the review process is to improve the proposal under review
> through constructive criticism and contribute to the direction of Swift. When
> writing your review, here are some questions you might want to answer in your
> review:
>
>    * What is your evaluation of the proposal?

Part of a series of increasingly compelling arguments for switching other
languages for writting ios/osx application, provided that that is not also
prohibited in the various stores in the near future

>    * Is the problem being addressed significant enough to warrant a change to
> Swift?

No. I'll self censor the rest as it is not flatering

>    * Does this proposal fit well with the feel and direction of Swift?

Feel: not surewhat the feel of swifft is supposed to be anymore
Direction: yes... training wheels all around, limited abilitiy to organize &
structure code (other key features missing for that & plenty of real life
examples on github to show this is actually the case)

>    * If you have used other languages or libraries with a similar feature,
> how do you feel that this proposal compares to those?

The bulk my professional experience has been mostly with asm x86, c, c++, perl,
java, scala, tcl/tk, go, xtend, vb, c#, fortran, cobol, javascript and recently
TypeScript. None have something equivalent. I recently started toying with
kotlin, that looks at inheritence in a similar light, but do not have enough
real life experience yet to speak.
As for TypeScript, I only recently started writing large amounts of it
professionally, and I am absolutely blown away: it has been the easiest
language to learn and become extremely productive with, thanks to the most
sound generic type system I have ever used (for bkgrnd, I love and makes very
heavy use of the java/c# generics).

>    * How much effort did you put into your review? A glance, a quick reading,
> or an in-depth study?

A lot.