> 2. More on Arrays
>
> Before, I’ve proposed expressions like “4 * Int” for arrays. But, looking
> back, it’s not very Swift-y. I had problems with some forms of the syntax
> giving the specification indices in the reverse order of the dereferencing
> indices. It looks too quick-and-dirty. And I want to have a revolution over
> arrays from C, like we gave the enum type.
>
> The new inspiration came from me looking at a random blog about Swift (1?)
> tuples, where a 2-Int tuple can be expressed by “(Int, Int)” and a 12-Int
> tuple by “(Int, Int, Int, Int, Int, Int, Int, Int, Int, Int, Int, Int)”, I
> thought the latter was too excessive, and that there should be a way to
> reduce the repetition. Oh:
>
>       (repeat Int for 12)

I remember that discussion and I was happy that despite an enthusiastic start,
it went nowhere:
Imho translating fixed-size arrays to tuples is just a hack that should be
fixed, not extended.

Arrays are one of the most basic concepts in programming, so I don't want to
mix them with tuples - especially as there is a clean alternative (there are
still some pieces missing, but "Vector<type: Int, size: 12>" looks much better
than any tuple-magic to me).