> On 21 Nov 2017, at 03:17, Chris Lattner via swift-evolution
> <swift-evolution@swift.org> wrote:
>
> Yes, I agree, we need variadic generics before we can have tuples conform :-(
>
> At the end of the day, you want to be able to treat “(U, V, W)” as sugar for
> Tuple<U,V,W> just like we handle array sugar.  When that is possible, Tuple
> is just a type like any other in the system (but we need variadics to express
> it).

Eye-opening! Now I understand how important variadic generics are. Somebody
should add that example to the Generics Manifesto. Questions:

• Doesn’t this simplification of the type system hoist Variadic Generics back
up the list of priorities?
• Would it be desirable to implement them before ABI stability to “remove”
tuples from the ABI?
• If not, is the current ABI already flexible enough to support them if they
are implemented later on?