>> I’ve addressed both of these issues above. The approach I am proposing
>> requires no language or compiler support, works with existing Swift tooling,
>> fits with an existing notion in the language (AnyObject), and can be
>> implemented via a Python script.
>
> I’m very confused, are you suggesting a preprocessor, or something actually
> integrated with the compiler?  The goal here is to provide something with
> acceptable usability that encourages exploration and playing around.

I can’t answer the question (although I have a theory ;-), but imho
"exploration and playing around“ benefits quite a lot from proper code
completion.
So whatever solution is chosen, it probably will require library specific
glue-code for the best user experience (assuming that we actually need a
solution — I personally have no need for Python interop, and I don’t know how
big general interest is).

The two proposals might help writing that glue code, but I’m not sure they are
that important when a generator is used to create the bindings.