Thanks, Ron. Which binary release did you download? The ubuntu 15 release?
Or the 14 release?

On Tue, Sep 20, 2016 at 11:12 AM, Ron Olson via swift-users <
swift-users@swift.org> wrote:

> I can verify that the 3.0 Release works under 16; I downloaded it this
> morning and it works fine.
>

> On 20 Sep 2016, at 11:10, Lane Schwartz via swift-users wrote:
>
> I see that there are swift packages for Ubuntu 14 and 15, but not 16. Is
>> Swift 3.0 known to work with Ubuntu 16? Can either of the aforementioned
>> binary releases be used, or is compilation from source required?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Lane

When a place gets crowded enough to require ID's, social collapse is not
far away.  It is time to go elsewhere.  The best thing about space travel
is that it made it possible to go elsewhere.
                -- R.A. Heinlein, "Time Enough For Love"